Creamy Delicious Peanut Butter
What I am learning is that homemade ANYTHING means it will be 100x better than what you are used to and without uneccesary preservatives and ingredients we don't need in our bodies! This super recipe for peanut butter is nothing fancy, it's so easy even a pig could make it ;) Oh...wait a second... pigs are really smart, but you could do it too!
Photo by: Michelle Welling
All you need is a food processor, peanuts, an oil (preferably coconut oil), cinnamon, and honey.
2 cups roasted organic peanuts (if you use unsalted you will want to add 1/2 tsp of salt to recipe)
1 TBS coconut oil
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 TBS of honey
1. Place peanuts in the food processor chop/puree on high. If you want chunky peanut butter reserve a handful of peanuts.
2. It will start to clump together- keep going until it is starting to smooth into a butter and get a softer more peanut butter like texture. You may need to use a spatula to scrape the peanut butter off the sides and back onto blade. After about 2 minutes it should be creamy, if it needs more, keep going!
3. Once creamy, combine the remaining ingredients honey, cinnamon, coconut oil.
4. Process for an additional minute. If you reserved peanuts add them now and pulse a few times.
5. Transfer peanut butter to a sealed container.
The peanut butter can be eaten immediately.
Refrigerate after use and it will stay good for several weeks.
You can switch up the ingredients like some cocoa powder, chocolate chips, or vanilla.
Photos by: Michelle Welling